Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mat

Mina's son hangs around to help mom...

I assume this is Mina's son from last year. Last year she had 2 black and white kittens and this year she just had 4 tortoiseshell and calico kittens. As none of Mina's kittens look remotely like him or have his colours, I still maintain that this is Mina's son. A few of the other people are trying to convince me that Mat is Mina's paramour. He has very pretty green eyes and he limps just a little. He is very much wary of me so I can't help him very much. But he is a spritely fellow and quite well-built and therefore well-fed.

Mat still hangs around the place everyday and Mina makes no complaints when he is around her at all. He sometimes meows loudly when he makes his rounds. I am trying to make friends so that when I get Mina to the vet later this month, I can also make an appointment for him. I am trying to get all the cats here neutered as we are leaving this premises at the end of this year. Although I have spoken to the head of the next organisation about Mina and how he should keep her as she would be spayed by then, I do not know if they would keep him or indeed try to neuter him or any of the kittens.

However, the both of them are survivors and I am sure they can take care of themselves for many years to come.

3 comments:

  1. for a moment i tot thats Bujang... looks a lil similar hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear....hope Minah and her family will be left alone, and be safe.

    Of course Mat can be her son, AND paramour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Paramour also?? Best to get snipping soon then.

    ReplyDelete