Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Saga continues




















I think something must have happened to Toro before he came to live here. He shows such a great desire for attention. He must always be the centre of any activity that happens in the house. He must be the first to get to the kitchen, the first to get the toy, the first one I have to greet at the door. This afternoon when I got home, I greeted him as usual and scratched his head and called his name. Then Bujang ambled towards the door and tried to walk pass him. In a split second, he took one big bite out of Bujang's flank! WOAH! I am quite proud of Bujang - that he did not retaliate but instead gave Toro a quiet stare and walked off. He is always calling for something. There must be something I can do about this I'm sure but I'm not sure what.

Rumour has it that Bujang had once groomed Toro - some time in the last two weeks. I only knew this yesterday. It's a pity I was not there to take a picture. But he has yet to repeat this performance. Maybe it was just wishful thinking although the two of them have started to do the friendly sniffs. Akira is still not on friendly terms with Toro but she is quite tolerant of his presence. He is as usual trying to get on her case :))

Or maybe I am just thinking too much about it. Maybe some cats are more needy than other cats.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Maybe it is a dominance thing. LOve the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice new blog skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think in terms of cat language, bujang probably accepts Totoro as top cat. thats why he didnt retaliate.

    as for totoro, like what you said, he seeks attention, which is just like our weiwei. weiwei will come to me when i sayang other cats, like chloe or coco, and sometimes smack them.

    i would say jealousy flows in his blood... haha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear cat_aunty and ksn
    Possibly its dominance and jealousy also I suspect. I can't pet any other cat without him coming near us and telling me something :)) As to top cat, I sometimes uspect that but at other times, Toro would try to edge Bujang and when Bujang turns around, he would crouch very low and lower his head and eyes. Then sometimes he would show his belly. So you see Totoro is not being neighbourly at all. He is an enigma.

    aunty_p
    Thanks for the compliements on the new skin. I had tried several skins yesterday then decided to stay with this one. Tere are some really nifty ones but I kena unzip then the instructions are all so complex. So simpler is better :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello San! This is my first time to your blog, and I found it by way of Oreo's.

    I agree with kuro.shiro.neko: Bujang knows which one is the Alpha between the two of them. I am more needy than my sister, Isis, and so I tend to come when she is called, interrupt her petting time, and jump on the bed to tackle her if she is laying by our human.

    However, I do believe it is possible Bujang bathed Totoro. Perhaps it will happen again for you to see. I did not let Isis bathe me for almost six to seven months after she started living in my home, but now, she bathes me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by zeus. It's always good to get a tip from a cat instead of a human :) When i think about it, you and ksn may be right. I had suspected it myself but I am always confused when it comes to the 2 boys :) Toro is indeed Top Cat from the way he behaves and this can only mean that the amigos have sorted it all out themselves. I think life would be better after this :))

    ReplyDelete