Friday, March 10, 2006

Vet Woes

Today Bujang had to go to the vet at Telok Kurau. He had spent a good one week with a scratched eye coutesy of Toro's efforts at world dominion. I had tried to clean his left eye and use saline solution, eye drops as well as eye wipes to clear the residue. This morning to my horror I wiped blood from his eye and so Bujang had to visit the vet as soon as possible. Thank goodness the receptionist at the vet was someone I knew and she told me that sometimes around 3.30 pm there would be a lull and if I was lucky I would get to see the doctor then as the day as well as tomorrow was full. So I came back directly after work, cleaned poor Bujang and took a cab to the vet. Bujang did not protest which was strange.

As luck would have it, indeed there was no one else at the vets and we were able to be the first one and a walk-in at that. She took one look at Bujang and told me that there was a serious swelling and she would give him a jab so I do not have to give him oral meds. Thank god for that. Bujang flattened his ears and hissed at the vet as though he knew things were not going his way but we successfully cajoled him to accept the inevitable. One jab and one hissssssss..... and we're home free. Now if only I can get him to sit still long enough to put the eye drops the doc gave me.

Toro of course looked at the whole event with great innocence with his big blue eyes and soft chirrups. Ahhhh....a wolf in sheep clothing or is that a lion in a dsh? :))
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment