Monday, March 13, 2006

Toro's first outing


Toro's first visit to the groomers was not bad at all. He made some protest in the cab but after a few minutes, he decided the view from the window was much more interesting than complaining. He spent the rest of the time watching the cars whizz by and the clouds roll. The cab driver commented that he looked like a very well-mannered cat. I decided to keep his desire for world dominion to myself :)

The guys at the groomers looked at Toro and I was glad I did not see the glimpse of fear that they would sometimes show when Bujang comes by. I was doubly glad that I didn't have to apologise in case someone gets an ugly red scratch courtesy of Bujang. Anyway after 2 1/2 hours, they called me and told me that Toro was ready to go home.

"Ohhh this cat is so well-behaved. Not like the black one!"
"He is nice. No scratch."
"Good cat. The other one so fierce."

I brought Toro to see some people who had brought him to me to be adopted. When they saw me and Toro walking near, one of them said "Toro is here" and she called M. M and her friends crowded around Toro-the-Terrible and cooed at him. Of course Toro was lapping it all up with his big blue eyes and fluffy sweet-smelling self (after the shampoo lah). They told me that the night his old owner decided to give him up, they had him on the counter and he was trying to help them with their accounts. :))

After some cuddles and long goodbyes, we bade them goodbye and promised to come see them again.

All in all, Toro had a good day. I am glad for him. I am also more glad that the people at the store had thought of me as a person who would adopt Toro. I think it has worked out quite well. Now if only I can persuade Toro that the plan is not world dominion but share the world. Now THAT would be something.

No comments:

Post a Comment