Friday, March 31, 2006

One more thing...


Yes I am still talking about the many myths that have been attributed to cats. At work today, I had spoken about my cats and how much work it takes to take care of even one (not that I am complaining). Also I spoke about how much affection the 3 amigos want from me and how they would tell me so.

Toro would lie across my feet everytime I make a move across the room. Bujang would sit close to me and look up at my face and Akira would simply ask for it - very loudly every time she sees me. If I so much as pretend not to see them, they would only shift their position and do the same things all over again. Yes I believe that cats are stubborn and would go out of their way (sometimes) to get what they want.

My colleague was very surprised and said that he was under the impression that cats are solitary creatures who do not desire friendship or even care, as all the cats he has ever seen have always been quiet and they would sit away from people, with their faces to the sun. He had thought they are low maintainance pets unlike his dogs.

I must say that dogs are much easier to please and make friends much more quickly but cats take their time and go through much trouble about it. It's like being screened by the pentagon. But if they approve of you, then all is sunshine. That is how I feel about it anyway lah. :))

1 comment:

  1. another cat myth down the drain where it belongs!

    my neighbour's kids wanted to play with Suede so I brought her outside for a little while for them to carry (because the grandma didn't want them to come into our place) and Rosie kept sticking her paw out to reach Suede so I said that Suede is Rosie's 'baobei'. the grandma was so surprised that cats are such feeling creatures!

    ReplyDelete