Monday, March 13, 2006

Final Monday thoughts


graphic from http://diabellalovescats.com/graphics.htm

A final thought on this quiet Monday. I am glad I didn't have to be at work and had spent some of the day with the 3 amigos. We didn't go for a walk as I was waiting for the man who was going to bring the cat gym. Although the store attendant told me last Saturday that I could fix the gym myself, I made the decision to have the man do it and I was glad that I did this, thanks to the advice given by Toro's godma. [thanks godma :))] The man came and proceeded to put together the bewildering numbers of tubes and platforms, not to mention screws and round flat pices of stuff. WOAH! When he finished he packed up his stuff and told me warmly that if he could fix the whole gym, I could fix the 3 -piece scratching post. Yalah, of course I can do that. :)) Btw I made the discovery that they had another store in Tampines Mart (!!)


Anyway once the gym was up, Bujang made his way up and down and around the whole gym and once the safety inspection was over, he decided to hang out on it for a bit. I was glad as I was wondering if Bujang would be able to enjoy it since he is the Heavyweight among the 3 amigos. But all is well in paradise.


A scout came for Job Week yesterday. I opened the door and he recognised me immediately. "You asked me to walk your cat last year!" Wahhh! he remembered me. I remembered him as a rather thin young man who had to walk Bujang on a leash along the corridor. Hahaha. Anyway yesterday there was nothing for him to do. I looked at his card and it said "This is NOT a donation card " so that leaves out just giving him the money. Finally we made a deal and he cleaned my ceiling fan, which was clean to begin with but one never knows. He left 5 minutes later after saying goodbye to Bujang. I bet the was thanking his lucky stars I didn't not ask him to walk 3 cats instea
d. :)

3 comments:

  1. Waa...all your cats can be walked? Even Toro who came to you as an adult can accept? Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, this boy came to ring my doorbell AFTER I had swept and mopped the floor! and i was all sweaty in glasses some more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they all recce the time when all the jobs have been done then they ring the doorbell and ask if they could do something :)) They all have grown a sixth sense.

    On sunday, as I was going out, a leetle boy in a cute boy in full scout gear came up to me and asked " Do you want to do a job for scout? ' Huh!!?? Then i figured out he was asking to do ajob for me. i told him about the other boy who had done a job. he smiled and said "never mind" and walked off quite merrily. WAHHH escape from job week.

    To aunty_p
    No lah. not all of my cats take to the leash. Akira really hates it and would walk only along the corridor when everything is quiet. Bujang doesn't much care about people and he could tolerate some noise so we walk in the park - his fav place is under the ixora bushes where he lies in the shade and watch for lizards. Toro is still afraid . I tried to put on a walking jacket for him and he freaked out. Hmm Maybe I should try a less heavy-duty one - like a leash. Yup. Maybe after he recovers from his vaccination which will happen today. :))

    ReplyDelete