Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Its all a matter of faith

I realised that through all my trials and joys with FatBoy, this is essentially my mantra. Thanks to the blogger who owns this site. It has nothing to do with religion but rather a belief that I have - if I do whatever I can, then things would get better or at least improve. I have fears of course and they sometimes nag at me fiercely but I go on anyway.

I would like to thank all of you who had gone through this experience with me and given me advice and help. I really especially like to thank our cat sitter R, who gave him all his meds and took care of him every day when we could not. For the last short month of his life, he was safe, did not have to suffer through rain and hazards of a carpark life.

The vet assistant P was also very sad about his passing and the staff at our vet practice were all very kind and allowed me some time with FatBoy. The vet Dr L talked to me about the life of community cats and sat with us for a bit. I did not have to fill in numerous forms at the counter(like I had to do the last time for Callie) and for that I was very grateful.

Cousin R told the auntie about his passing and she was of course very sad. It was like a whole part of her history gone in a wisp. She had taken care of him eversince he was abandoned and felt his passing keenly. My only regret was that she was not able to see him even when we visited him at R's as she has trouble walking.

Thanks again to everyone. I really do not know what I would do when our next commuity cat gets renal failure. But I hope I would be able to do the same things, only better.


a note of interest:
Sister S told me last Saturday that she thought she saw FatBoy at the void deck but I told her that FatBoy was with R. She said the cat looked just like FatBoy, complete to his tail. She went to look at him and spoke to him and saw that the cat looked a little unwell. Then yesterday, one of the auntie's friends asked me if I had released Fatboy at the void deck and I had to tell her the sad news. She said she thought he looked very much like FatBoy. Of course I could not find this mysterious cat and I think maybe it belongs to someone in the block. Or as now we have a vacuum, another kitty had decided to take his place. But its weird just the same.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:05 AM

    Hmmm...very interesting. Could have been Fatboy's spirit running free amidst the surroundings and caregivers he loved so much. Take care San and looking forward to more kitty updates from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you found a vet practice you are comfortable with. I think it makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:15 PM

    I was about to say the same as Anonymous :) It's the Seventh Month now as we speak so you'll never know, San.

    Again, wherever you are now FatBoy, we all love you.


    the letter b

    ReplyDelete