Saturday, November 10, 2007

YAWN...who is this Rama?

Its too much...

What is another one?


Its quite scary but I am safe here...


WORRRWWWW! Watch it Little Rama!




I am quite surprised at the relatively calm way the amigos are reacting to Rama. Apart from the thorough investigations, tip-toeing around, staring intensely at the moving bundle of I-don't-know-what, sniffing about, they have yet to make an overt move to squash him. Bujang and Toro stared at him quietly yesterday and today, I heard some snarling from them. Akira has very little interest in Rama and Megat was the only one who had hidden himself in grandma's cupboard as he was afraid of Rama's meows. I thought Megat would be the one who would remain unafraid but not so.
I have decided to put Rama's cage (used to be Megat's new sleeping quarters) in the living room sometimes so the whole family can view and interact with him if they want to. Rama is now in the computer room. We open the door so Rama can see us and the amigos can come to see him if they want to. They have yet to show any inclination to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Based on what I observed, the toms tend to give in to kittens and tolerate them, but queens would discipline them.

    Spencer would snarl when she heard kittens mewing. And Mera would just leave the house immediately.

    How about cat shelters for Rama?

    I am afraid the adults may not be so patient with him once he grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not reid the cat shelters yet. The shelter that V has is too full to take in any more kittens.


    So possibly we will foster the kitten in the mean time. I have to get my cousin to agree to take care of Ginger also so that Grandma would not be too taxed. I think she would be agreeable while we look for someone to adopt him.

    Possibly if Ms Akira disciplines him it would allow him to grow up with better manners :)

    ReplyDelete