Saturday, November 10, 2007

Little Rama

Rama trying out his new living quarters...

Resting after some rumbunctious play...

Zzzzzz....




On Deepavalli, I came home from visting and my cousin came back from feeding the Wild Bunch. We met at the void deck and I saw she had a little kitten with her!!!! He was extremely clean and well-groomed and as I held him she told me the tale of Little Rama.
She was feeding Cal when 3 malay kids came to her. One of them said "Eh, not right." She thinks they were looking for me. But this did not deter them and they told my cousin that they found the kitty somewhere and took pity on him. When she asked them to bring the litten home , one of the boys said ' Eh ..mak saya takut kucing." (My mother is afraid of cats). Then they RAN off!!
As she thought the kitty would surely get hurt near the carpark, she brought the kitten to my building and so we met at the void deck. Since we couldn't possibly leave the kitten there, Little Rama is now with me. We have been trying to call people to see if there is someone who would adopt him but it is still too soon to know.
Grandma was not pleased that night and it was only a little later that she felt it was very cruel to leave the kitten at the void deck, She has been trying to think of a name to give him - Tanaka, Boy and various other names. But I told her that since the kitten came to us on Deepavalli, we will just call him Rama as I am sure he would need every ounce of courage to tangle with Ms Akira and his uncertain future.
My cousin and grandma didn't believe the sob story that the boy told. I think they may have every reason to be suspect as the kitten is very sociable, knows how to play with cat toys and uses the bin. Added to this, he is very clean. So now we think Rama is a victim of abandonment! If I see the kids I am going to give them a piece of my mind and tell them about the penalties for abandoning and endangering animals.

1 comment:

  1. I see...poor Rama. He looks very cheeky and cute.

    ReplyDelete