Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Ramayana now Ginger tales...

Too full...

Zzzzzz...much too sleepy to care what I look like...


My niece smsed to say that one of her friends wanted Rama aka Ginger. (Grandma says Ginger is easier for her to say). I spoke to her friend S and told her that I would take care of all the admin, that is I would pay for all the necessary costs - vaccinations and sterilisation before she takes Ginger home with her. She sounded enthusiastic and asked if she needs to take Ginger home straightaway but I told her I would send Ginger to the vet first to see if everything is okie.
I also told her not to abandon the kitten if she could not take care of it. Grandma also reminded me to tell S. Even my sister told me to tell S this. S said she would not do such a heinous thing. I was quite confident that she would not and told my niece other things that a person with a kitten should know - like the fact that a kitten cannot be left alone in the house, the house needs to be secured with mesh if they live on a high floor and the kitten needs playtime as well. Even now Ginger is much taken with Da Bird already and would try to hide the lure when he gets it.
This morning, my niece said her friend's mother now did not feel that they could take care of the Ginger as she thought she could leave the kitten alone in the house. Aieee! My niece told me that she had told her friend that this was not a logical thing to do as Ginger is hardly a year old. Anyway when I told this to grandma she was equally surprised that the potential adopter thought in that way. She told me that then it would be right that they didn't take Ginger with them. I agree of course.
So now, Ginger is still with us and he is now sleeping after his food and playtime. This morning, Grandma thought I should allow him a little playtime in the living room. The amigos sans Megat were in attendance and Toro got a little fright when Ginger ran up to him and played with his tail. Ms Akira just looked at Ginger as though he was a curiosity.
Then the amigos also had some playtime but they were more interested in looking at Ginger in his cage. Toro made some half-hearted dashes at Da Bird and then left to sit under the cupboard. :)
PS: The amigos and I would like to thank Spencer for her good advice. We will all try to be patient with Ginger as you were with Max *koff* :))

1 comment: