Saturday, September 15, 2007

Meditation

Zzzzz....

Bujang decided that the amigo house was too noisy, what with the civil defence siren and all and showed the way to calmness and peace. Or maybe he is just showing off the fact that a cat can nap at any place and in any position :)

News about the old aunty:

The wildbunch's previous feeder the old aunty came knocking on my door on the 1st day of Ramadhan. (Neither the amigos and the wildbunch recognise Ramadhan, it being a strange custom of humans :P)

She told me that she gave the wildbunch some food but they were not interested. I told her that they had all eaten at 6.50 pm and so of course were still trying to digest their food. She then asked me what she was supposed to do. I didn't know what she expected me to say so I kept quiet.

Then she said that she had been feeding them about 9 o'clock and changed the water. [I have not seen any of this water for many days already by the way] I told her not to leave any water for the wildbunch as the containers may trap mosquitoes and then the cats may be blamed for this. She then said that the cats needed water to drink and so she would continue with this practice. I told her in that case, she needed to wash the containers everyday before she fills in the water. She said it would not be convenient. Aiyoh!

I then asked her what time she gets home from work. She said she sometimes gets home from work at 3 or 4 in the evening but she quickly said she would be very busy with her work at home and she sometimes needed to go grocery shopping. Since I really did not want to get into any quarrels I just told her that if I could not feed the wildbunch, then my cousin would do it for me. She did not offer to divide the duty at all and reiterated that her hands were swollen and she had many things to do.

Since I had nothing else to say to that, I did not continue. She then asked me if I had eaten and when I replied that I was just about to eat, she told me quickly to go break my fast.

Sighzzz. I think the auntie has decided to abandon her kitties to me already. Poor wildbunch.

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only ones encountering such "weird" feeding aunties (they only deserve the term feeders as they are not interested in being responsible and in sterilising!). One such aunties here torn my T-shirt when Carol and I first started TnRM here that we termed her MW ("Mad Woman"). We wish we could tell her not to feed as she mess up the area. Anyway we know which block she lives and we will not hesitate to whistle blow on her should there be any complaint of littering from feeding. The older feeder called Ngeow-Bu ("Cat Woman") in her 80s used to accompany this younger MW but lately they quarrelled and are not on speaking terms so they will try to avoid each other in their feeding rounds. Plenty of good drama watching these ladies, that we don't need the soaps on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bujang has a very formidable profile

    ReplyDelete