Saturday, February 17, 2007

Buff shave

Toro waitig for the cabbie...

We waited for the cabbie downstairs last Saturday when Toro had the groomer's appointment. He was very anxious as he hardly ever sits in his carrier- only to the doc's which is once a year and the groomer's every 3 months. But the cabbie came finally and he was rather anxious. I asked him the reason and he said he was afraid of cats and he hoped that I would not let my cat out.

I was very surprised, not to mention peeved as I had called the cab company and I told them that I had a cat in a carrier! It was on the tip of my tongue to tell him that I had made this very clear and to ask him why he had accepted the booking if he was so afraid. Fortunately I decided to keep all this to myself as my cat was anxious enough without me quarrelling with the cabbie :)

Toro calmed down considerably as I decided to talk to him instead of to the cabbie and he spent the 10 minutes looking at the view :))

The look that I wanted for Totoro...

I wanted the groomer to shave him as closely as this picture. He had this nice smooth shave on his last appointment and I was very pleased with how neatly the groomer had done it- much better than all his previous shaves. The groomer had followed my instructions closely. Toro had had quite an uneventful time then. I should have asked her for her name.

The unshaven look that I got...

However, the look that I got after 5 hours was this. He had quite an uneven cut and the groomer had also shaven the back of his head. AIYOH! Toro did not like one of the girls who was drying his fur and he took a swipe at her. Worse and worse! She got a nasty welt across her cheek. I was wondering why Toro was so angry as he is usually very docile and good-natured for his appointments all the time. I think she was talking to the other groomer about cheap vcds and did not look where she kept her fingers or she might have pulled at his fur where he did not like it. I was outside the place and could see some of what was happening from the window.

It was also very busy at the groomers as it was a saturday appointment and dog owners came and went. I decided not to prolong his experience and took him home as soon as he was dry enough. I could possibly look for another groomer or bring him there on weekdays.

It is easier to look for another groomer maybe except that where I live all the other pet groomers will do dogs only. :(


1 comment:

  1. Haiz! Why the groomer like this! It can also be counted as animal cruelty!

    ReplyDelete