Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tuesday Thots

It is not easy to live the life of a community cat. Like Popps said to Fern last Sunday after her encounter with him in the house, " Out there was tough so he should be able to find a home like me." I am glad she has a lot of confidence in our ability to help him find a home :). The mediators got us a place to board him so he does not have to be  released to the carpark again. I was rather anxious as I had tried to board him once (read here) and he got sick. Even the vet then told me I should release him back to his own space, the carpark, where he would feel safe. I was reminded of this post that I had done for him by an administrator of a Facebook site for cats called Kittens for Adoption. She had asked me where the clinic that I took Jeffrey boy was. Now Jeffrey is on her site as well. 

So I was very relieved to have gotten some pictures of him in his present boarding facility. He looked relaxed and calm. I can say with certainty that he can actually live with other cats now, when I am asked the question and yes, he uses the litter as well. I am sure this might increase his chances to be adopted although the reality here is cats his age don't get adopted easily. There was someone who offered to foster him before but now she has changed her mind as she does not have the required grills to her flat.

Jeffrey Boy making himself at home at the boarding facility. 

The cats all looked so laid back and relaxed. He is also getting Reiki as well as I was anxious that he feels well. He can't afford to get sick like before as then he might lose his place here.
Jeffrey Boy in 'happier days', rolling about near the  carpark.

His other caregiver told me that he and his buddy are not in the carpark often these days and therefore he should be safe. But I am afraid that he might get caught by pest control if the complainant calls them although the TC said they would call the mediators first. So better be in boarding I think. 

2 comments:

  1. The kitties all look very well taken care of as they seem to be "plump" and relaxed. We like the one posing in the litter box. So funny.. Meow from Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are crossing all paws and hooves that Jeffrey Boy finds a good and loving home.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete