Sunday, December 02, 2007

Reading

James Herriot's animal stories



I went to the bookstore this afternoon and found this James Herriot bestseller. I had read almost all of his books in the All Creatures Great and Small series. I enjoy James Herriot much like I enjoy reading Gerald Durrell. When I was much younger, I thought it must be nice to be a vet / zoo keeper and going to strange places like Cameroon or Greece ala Gerald Durrell :).
I also got Blind Willow. Sleeping Woman, a book of short stories by my favourite Japanese author Haruki Murakami. I like the surreal :)
Then there is The Secret Life of ...[Commonsense Advice for Uncommon Women]by Elizabeth Wurtzel. One of the chapters read "Don't Clear the Table at a Dinner Party Unless the Men Get Up to Help too." I got the book on that basis :) Actually the one that says "Have a Job, Have Your Own Money, Support Yourself." isn't bad either.
The last book is by John Burdett named Bangkok Tattoo. I got this whodunnit just because the detective is Thai, called Detective Sonchai whose mother owns half of a brothel called the Old Man's Club. The other owner of the brothel of course must be the Chief of Police. And the fact that I just like reading whodunnits was the other reason. :))
Since school is supposedly out, I plan to be reading books. I hope to complete reading the last Harry Potter book (that is right now langushing in my drawer). I dunno why. I used to be able to read Harry Potter in one night, the very day that I bought them. Not anymore though. Maybe it's because Dumbledore lay dead in The Half-Blood Prince. I just know that I would get that reading done before 2007 leaves us.
But first lets get to Every Living Thing by James Herriot.

No comments:

Post a Comment