Monday, December 24, 2007

Adoption - not yet

Never mind...the world is vast. I only hope for someone to love me. No need for A+ food and accomodation although THAT would be nice...

Tanaka's adoption Hope #01 will not go through. I had asked one of my friends who has 2 cats if she would adopt him. She told me once that her children were keen for the family to adopt another cat. However she worried that her senior cat Siren (now about 10) would be upset and the other cat Cho (now 5) would not be pleased. It seemed that Siren was quite upset when the family brought Cho into the house. She tried to find another family to adopt Tanaka but the mother in that family was not willing to do that. So I guess Tanaka will stay with us for a bit.

Cousin R was telling me that there might be another family that might adopt him. It seemed that Family X has an adult male cat who is very fierce and so they felt it would not be good for both the cats. Then it seemed a few weeks ago, a little cat adopted the family. They actually found the cat in front of their doorstep (a victim of abandonement?) and took him in. But he was sick so they sent him to the vet. It seemed that the little kitty was suffering from anaemia. After a week, the vet told them it was okie to bring the little guy home. Their older cat (to their surprise) did not protest! But then disaster struck and they woke up one morning to find the kitty dead and foaming at the mouth!!! They did not take the cat to the vet to see what had happened though. We guessed something else must be wrong with the kitty apart from the anaemia. :(

Cousin R said she would ask the family if they would consider Tanaka. Grandma worries about the foaming at the mouth episode but I do not think its the family's fault as they have a healthy adult cat in their house. We are now waiting for some news.

But I guess if there is none, I would post again at the cws site after all the festivities are over.

1 comment:

  1. Erm...right....Tanaka, I think it is better to wait a little while more...when the right one comes along, we will know.

    ReplyDelete