Sunday, December 23, 2007

The amigos on sleepy sunday...an Update

I do not like being bullied by the squirt! tell him to leave me alone.
Megat likes Tanaka but I guess The Rocket can be quite a handful. He jumps on him, ambushes him from corners, pummel him with his hind legs and sometimes pull him about by his collar. However Megat would look for Tanaka to play with him so I guess Megat does not mind it...sometimes. I have to rescue Megat sometimes as Tanaka is very boisterous and once Megat was coughing from all the activity. So we always watch them when these 2 are playing.

Tanaka learnt that in the amigo house, a cat must rest sometimes...
If not he goes back into the cage for time-out. :) Tanaka has been learning the art of resting from every one of the kitties and I notice that more and more, he does take the time to stop..but only for a minute. If he does not, then I would catch him and make him stop for a bit. He has also learnt to keep still when someone is holding him, sometimes for 1o minutes at a stretch. For a little kitty, this is quite admirable.





No more meds! No more meds!


Ms Akira is not getting used to the routine of taking both her meds with good grace. She hacks and tries to spit the liquid and has to be tricked :)) into taking her pills. I am sorry to say this morning, she threw up a soild mass of dry food :(. But she takes her canned food very well. We will have to see how the rest of the days will go. But after her meds, she still talks to me so at least I am not her mortal enemy...yet.





Only Grandma loves me...



I think Bujang feels left out of the whole kitty and meds business. I could see the surprise in his round eyes when he watched Cousin R or grandma and I feeding Toro with the feeding tubes. So we have been making a great fuss of him and hide-and-seek is the favourite game in our household now, except only Bujang and I know how to play this game. Toro usually would give my position away to Bujang so I always lose, much to Bujang's delight. I know we can stop the game when he wins at least 2 out of 3 times. :)




Some day all this will be over...but when?


Toro has gone through the rest of his Falamin without incident. He takes his fluids obediently or at least without a great deal of struggling and is now on canned food + hot water for 1 1/2 days already. He does not like Fussiecat Tuna and Chicken with water. He simply refused to eat it. However, at dinner last night, he actually ate Tanaka's Natural Balance Tuna + water, much to Tanaka's very loud disgust :) So today he had both his meals with Tanaka. I hope in this way, he gets all the water he needs as he also drinks from the 2 CATITs that we have.

I tried to put water in all the amigos bowls - Ms Akira would eat it, Megat licks up his food slowly (he doesn't like it with water) and Bujang would just lick all the water and eat a little of his food!! At least everyone would get a little more water, no matter what. :)

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds very tiring for the humans!

    I hope the kitties get well soon!

    ReplyDelete