Thursday, November 10, 2022

Penance

 Is there a sadder pose for a little kitty?

Sky pranked Bujang last night and it turned out poorly. Bujang had a shock, ran out of his room, jumped onto the couch and immediately fell on his side to land in the open space between the couch and the table. He is not fully recovered from his IVD and still walks unsteadily and still tilted to one side so he fell on that side.

I was not able to help him as he would have turned my arms into ribbons (I have a lot of experience with Bujang’s panic). I waited for him to right himself (it was full of anxiety for both of us). But once he righted himself (he fell onto the floor and then managed to turn himself the right way round), I scolded Sky for doing such a thing. Bujang was quiet and watched.

Sky was quiet and when I told her to go into her room, she meekly went in and sat on her bed. No meowing at the gate and no pounding at it. She knew she was in trouble.

Then the whole house turned in as it was bedtime. This morning she acted cute with me but I told her it would not be so easy. But I did pet her a little as I was leaving so she would feel a little better as Bujang was not hurt in the prank. But I will only know later when he sees his osteopath.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Bujang. We hope he will be okay!

    Sky, we know you were just playing, and didn't mean to make Bujang fall like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benny kept annoying our Tama, but things have been a lot better since Momo arrived and the two ca play together. Maybe Sky needs a friend her own age?

    We hope Bujang is OK.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete