Sunday, August 08, 2021

My Indoor Garden

Since so much of my time is now spent indoors, I wanted to create a small green space for us, the cats and me. We don't get out much as Bujang has IVD (Idiopathic Vestibular Disease)  now and eventhough he is coping with it well, its a challenge for me to persuade him that there are some places he should not go to at this time. Even with IVD, he is really strong in will. The kitties have taken to our very small green space well and everyone has they favourite 'munch'. Bujang likes the Calathea Rattle Snake (beside the spider plant), Rez likes his own pot of spider plant (which is now in care due to some serious chomping) and Tanaka just likes wheatgrass. Popps does not like anything at all. She hardly visits the garden. I had to read up and figure out what plants are safe for cats as well and all the plants here are, except the one at the window. The Tradescantia is not safe for cats but they won't get awfully sick on it. My Tradescantia will always be beyond them. 
After several weeks of worrying about the Calathea, I decided to just get on with it and this is my propagation centre. Here I have to see if I have the family green thumb or perhaps I'm the only one without. The cats are made of clay and come from Nepal. Since I bought a few of them when I was looking for something for Rainbow Akira. I decided to put them out. I'm sure Akira would not mind it. 
 This is my favourite kitty made of clay from Nepal. I think the red fish made it for me.
Red Clay cat on pillow in sleeping with the pepperomia. My pepperomina ruby (the one next to the kitty) is not doing well. Its very young from the online seller, and is now losing all the leaves. Possibly the roots are not yet firm and strong before the seller sells it online. Its probably better to go to a plant centre to get another one. 
My propagation station. Rez's spider plant is the one on the extreme right. He likes this pot I think because the plants are at 2 different heights and its easier for him to make decisions as to which blade he wants at any one time. I had this plant on my corridor garden and didn't know that it was also cat safe. Its only when I decided to make a green space inside that I found this out. I gave him 2 new pots but he has a 'take it or leave it attitude' to them though. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the indoor green space you created for the gang! It sounds lkike they really enjoy it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty indeed. Ah if our place was half as nice

    ReplyDelete