Thursday, June 10, 2021

Bujang and IVD Day 16

 
This was me waiting for dinner at 5ish pm. I just had meds and was resting. san was talking to me and taking my picture (as usual)
This was me in the morning. My head tilt is not so obvious here though but it is still there (see pic above)

I hesitate to say that things are looking up. Even though I would like to think this, there is still a small part of me that worries. The worry is that the reason why his head is tilted to the right when there is fluid in his left ear. The literature states that if the fluid is in the left ear, the head tilt should be on the left as well. 

He had his last antibiotic pill yesterday and I hope it would have resolved the fluid problem although it may not. We may still have to drain the fluid out which means he would have to undergo surgery for that. 

But the encouraging thing is that his life is gradually returning to normal. He can use his bins, he can jump up and down from the bed, walk about the house without too much problem, eat as much as he wants (he eats small amounts but several times a day) and drinks water. His head tilt does not seem to bother him too much except it does get in the way of eating and drinking a little. Of course if he misses a step when he needs to turn, he would have to make a bigger sweep to return to the beginning. 

I am thankful that he has no nausea and neither is he vomitting. Needless to say I am also thankful that there are no polyps or tumours in his brain or spine, which could also cause Vestibular Disease. (IVD)

1 comment:

  1. Bujang, we are glad you are doing okay, and that you are able to do most of the things that are part of your normal life. We are purring and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete