Monday, June 15, 2009

No More please!

Megat giving us the "Please pity me" face. He is getting very good at this :) Here he looks like a little kitten. I took this pic without the flash and so its very dark.

Megat getting very fed up. He has learnt to give us the martyred look and would frequently take to glazing his eyes in boredom when he has to eat his supplemets every night. He would frequently just keep the mixture in his mouth and refuses to swallow it. I would then have to wait until I see his tongue licking his lips. This is a signal that he has swallowed the mixture before I give him another dose. I told grandma and Cousin R that they have to be careful as Megat sometimes would remain quite docile only to give a final hard struggle and then he would be free...and that would be the end of everything.

After his supplements, he would get a good rub down and then he would get his salmon treats. Only then would he relax and sit with me for the rest of the time until bedtime :) He has been very good at taking his supplements for these 2 weeks. I am still giving him the duphalac and papaya as I am not yet sure if he goes regularly. I can't go with him to the boxes as he would just run off as he thinks I am after him for more meds. But he si no more straining anywhere in the house as he did before so I take this to mean the positive. Anyway he is now eating the 16 mushroom supplements plus the lingzhi and the milk thistle. I tried some of it and its not good but it is certainly not bad. The papaya actually sweetens the whole concoction.

He is going for his 3rd consultation with the vet tomorrow and we will see if his wbc is better. Grandma and Cousin R told me that he seems to have put on weight but my brain is yelling "maybe its the lymphoma taking up all that space!" :(Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Poor Megat, this is no fun for him, and of course it is no fun for San either! We're keeping our paws crossed for a good vet visit tomorrow.

    Your Friends,
    Tommy, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan and #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Ask the vet to feel (& to show you how) if there is hard stool in cat. It is not always accurate but helps as a guide. Megat, all the best today at the vet.

    ReplyDelete