Saturday, June 28, 2008

What can I get you Ms Akira?

No I do not like any of these cans...I do not want to eat any...

The staple in the amigo house...

So many cans and for five kitties....



PL called to say that they do not have any Snappy Tom chicken and tuna 80g in stock. Indeed they might not be able to get it any time soon! I had visions of Ms Akira on a hunger strike. She is one of the most fussy eaters in the house. She also has a very delicate stomach and would throw up at the slightest change!
I had tried to give her almost all the types of cat food on the shelf and she has ignored almost everything but YI tuna and chicken and so that is what I give Her Royal Highness with the Delicate palate!
Tanaka eats almost everything in his plate and on everyone's plate (if no one is looking). I give Megat Natural Balance Tuna and shrimp and that makes him happy. Megat has kidney issues and his usual diet is Waltham Renal RF 32. Everyone in the house likes Waltham Renal too and his food sometimes gets hijacked by the rest.
I give the amigos some wet food every night because it makes them happy and I read it might not be the best thing to feed the kitties on dry food exclusively but for dry food they get Nutro LIGHT. Everyone likes Nutro LIGHT. I give Tanaka Nutro Chicken for kittens although he is bigger than Ms Akira and Megat already. Ms Akira can eat Nutro Chicken without throwing up so that I what I give her.
This may seem like an odd entry and I guess I should have started with the PL assistant who had to key in my cat food order - 20 of these cans X 6 for next week etc. He said "WOW! How many cats do you have?" I do not know if it is strange to buy such quantities of cat food but I should think other people buy cat food in bulk too. I said to him that "I have 5 cats in the hosue and 5 other cats own me." He just blinked and decided it best not to talk to someone who seems to feed an army of cats. :))

6 comments:

  1. Dear San, the pet shop said there is some problem with Nutro shipment, and indeed I have stopped seeing them on the shelves......now I am trying out Sannabelle and Orijen.

    The pet shop people asked me too, when they see the orders. Sometimes they asked how long the cans will last me.

    I hope Miss Akira will adapt to the different flavous, she is so senstive. I see that your kittes have lots of salmon treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:13 AM

    i have quite a few similiar things too esp the Angel Treats-it is very popular with cats. Our cats do not eat the same food. Just prescription food alone, we have w/d, k/d and z/d.
    The cat food that most cats would take to is Natural Balance. Nature's Varity & Orijen are not that popular. Another popular cat food is ANF Holistic - it is more expensive than NB but accepted by almost all cats. I used work out how much each kg/lb of each brand of cat food would cost so i could use the cheapest brand.
    I prefer freshly cooked chicken than canned food unless cat is allergic to chicken.
    Talking about allergy, one of my dogs has food allergy - we went from beef to lamb to chicken to pork to fish to vegetarian to venison to kangeroo to duck and fortunately it stops there as i was fast running out of options. The dog did well on duck : )

    Maybe Ms Akira knows what is good for her, she is not just fussy. Though most cats if given a choice would eat fish alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she is a fussy eater! There are so many different kinds of yummy goodness you have there. You are a good mommy to attend to all of your kitties needs. Good mommy.

    Purrs,
    Yaffa & Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaa...a renal formula that every cat in the house likes... that's a big surprise! Usually the renal formula is the least-accepted, and no cat would touch it if they can help it...including the community cats. Heheh!

    I didn't think those quantities are out of the ordinary...coz I know how some cat caregivers place their orders - cans by the cartons and dry food by the sacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, San for the post. Your brood are looking good so I was curious what they are feeding on.

    Ideally I should be putting Skoda strictly on Waltham s/d. Due to differing eating habits (of my three rascals), we mix Waltham with a little of Royal Canin Indoor. They get wet food at least twice weekly (Natural Balance chicken & pate).

    I'm in the midst of sourcing for a wet food that has gravy. Does Yihu come with any gravy?


    (Fingers crossed this post gets thru')

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry mightymouse. The YIHU brand does not come with gravy. Its 'dry'; not like the whiskers kind of gravy.

    I did try to feed them freshly cooked chicken and fish but they didn't take to them very well. Finally grandma had to cook the chicken strips in soup and we ate them (the beans that is. We also tried to feed them fresh beef and at one time we had chicken liver. No takers for each one. So the human beans had to eat them.

    The only one with gravy that I had tried on the amigo is 'Snappy Tom" no fat version - the ones in blue cans.This was last year. No takers. Now they have come out with the Gourmet version but as usual the amigos did not like them. I have not tried giving Megat or Tanaka any of these varieties though as tanaka came to us only last Nov and Megat has kidney issues.

    ReplyDelete