Sunday, April 23, 2006

What's happening this Sunday




















Nothing much I must say. I bought a new camera last night Canon IXUS in purple. Actually I bought it because of the colour more than anything. I snapped some pics this morning but have yet to put them up. I really hate reading manuals and have been trying to remember what the salesman told me about the functions yesterday. Of course nothing is as it should be . Even when I had the red eye thingee out, poor Bujang's eyes were as devilish as ever - all bright and shining like Jack Nicholson in a movie of the same name. :)

This pic I took yesterday before my hp went on the blink. You can see the same graininess cos its just 2 pixels. Toto's ears are always on the alert cos he is so afraid he will miss something. He has to be in the middle of everything which totally irritates the other 2. From this pic you can also see how relaxed Bujang is. This is how he is most times and it takes alot to get him riled up enough to slap Toro. Toro has been getting the PAW many times to no effect. These days befaore Bujang slaps him for harrassment, he would just roll on his tummy much to Bujang's surprise. Then he doesn't get slapped. Hahaha. Guerilla tactics in a bundle of fur.
 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Patience lah. Took me one year to learn how to use my IXUS properly. After that, I surprised myself with the result. I used to get under- or overexposed pictures from film cameras, and I was so malu about it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah so your pretty pics of the cats are all from IXUS? Then got hope lah for people like me. None of them have the devil-eye syndrome. I went to the place where I got the camera yesterday and he advised me to use the Child and pet function. :)) He also said I should go for the free 4 day course for IXUS. AHHHHH! No need lah. I just try-try and see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh? What child and pet functions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got lah. It's the last one in the set of functions. Got night mode lah etc etc. and then the last one I have one called 'child and pet'. No joke. The manual stated that this is for the said creatures cos they move about too much. So it allows you to cpature them more quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To prevent red eye shots, try not to frame the shots whereby they are looking directly into the camera. Light will bounce straight into their eyes right into their retina rods thus causing the red eye effect.

    For cats, try to use a faster shutter speed (if you are manually adjust the shutter speed of your camera) as they fidget a lot and move very fast.

    I used to get only 2 good/useable shots out of a roll of 36. With practice and a digital camera, my keep rate has shot up.

    And read the manual lah....it will help you know your camera functions better.

    ReplyDelete