Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday thoughts

I am guilty of ignoring my cats this whole week. No amount of mewing was going to get in my way. I was going to catch up on my work and maybe my sleep. I was going to make sure my hair is flat-ironed for Saturday and I promised myself I would go to the cat show at the Expo today. The 3 amigos were very accomodating. At least Bujang was. He barely made a sound and only looked at me mournfully from his new soft perch in the cat gym. Akira actually made a few demands. Her mewing was soft yet insistent. This is the first time she actually said anything in Toro's presence ever since he came to stay. She must have been very irate with me. Toro learnt to play by himself although today, he brought his feathered toy to lay at my feet. as though chiding me for my neglect. The only good thing that came out of this, is Akira and Toro had to contend with each other more without me and as a result, they learnt to adjust to each other's presence a little more. But all this does not excuse my neglect of the amigos.

So this morning, I decided I would not go to the cat show and played with the kitties instead. I threw out the broken feathers from their wand toy and replaced it with some thing that shines and glitters in the sun. Toro jumped and did cartwheels. He tried to hide the toy from the rest to no avail. Akira jumped up to snatch it from him and she tried to hide the toy instead. After a great tussle (bujang waited patiently as all this was going on) Toro was too exhausted to continue and rested for a bit. So Bujang came and swiped the thing away from everyone. Everything comes to those who wait. Hahaha. They are all now doing the sleep-in-on-sunday routine. Maybe I should too. :))
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. It is nice to spend time with kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi san. can you email me your address? i got something for godson totoro from japan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. okok godma. Will do so. This totoro is one lucky kitty -all the way from japan. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. er... japan now imports lots of things from china hor... be forewarned..

    thats why they can afford to open so many 100 yen shops mah..

    but must say the variety is much much more than ours here. eg daiso

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries godma. The godson doen't know that. He is lucky to get a present and his godma thinks of him from far away. :))

    ReplyDelete