Sunday, April 02, 2006

Mystery No 1

After 3 whole hours of hiding in the washbasin, Toro is out at last. Here he is trying to get his fur in order. I think he thinks I do a bad job and so he has to do the job himself.

I have noticed something strange about my cat Toro. He has become quite afraid of strangers and visitors to the house. I do not know how this has happened as in the first month he was here, he was the friendliest little thing on the planet and very affectionate too.

Last Friday , my two nephews came and when I came home from work, Toro was not to be seen. He was hiding out in the washbasin. This morning, my sister came with my niece and he made camp in the loo. My sister and niece were quiet and made hardly any ruckus and yet he was frightened of them.

It is very mystifying. Once the visitors leave, he is out like The Flash and promptly sat on the cage. He makes conversation and is very affectionate to us but it seems he has decided everyone else is the enemy. At present he is asleep at my feet at the computer. What has happened to Toro-the-KPO cat?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Toro might have been alarmed somewhat by something. Hope it's temporary and that he will go back to his friendly self soon.

    Do you get a lot of cat hair around your home? I have only one Jackie and already there's a lot of dropped hair, but I hope things will improve with better nutrition (I wonder if they really work?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is cat hair everywhere but not ingreat quantities. Only Toro's hair. So I have to vacuuum at least once a week now.

    With Bujang and Akira - it is much the same, its everywhere but not in geat clumps. I think only with Toro, because his hair is longer and it gets caught among the wires.But not much at any other place.

    I tried to get them to eat the Natural Balance again but Bujang actually vomitted on it and Toro would not touch it. So its just the Nutro that everyone loves.

    My friend who helped me to adopt Toro said that his previous owner gave him SD and his hair came off quite easily. So now he is on Nutro which works quite well for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear auntie P, I used to pull my hairs out with all the cat fur flying about in the house. But that Kao Magiclean paper really works wonders. Those cheapo China imitation not the same.

    PS: I don't work for Kao lah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat aunty, thanks for the suggestion. We do use that magic mope too, altho' not always the kao one. They're handy when u need to mope up during mid-week (we vacuum once a wk).

    There was lots of hair when Jackie first came - I think bec she hadn't been groomed for ages then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah so Jackie lets herself be brushed. That's good. Only Toro runs to be brushed and Akira when she is particularly sleepy. Bujang - hmmm no need to say. Bite first, then claw, then run off.

    That Magiclean is like super mop. :)

    ReplyDelete