Sunday, November 23, 2014

Easy Peasy Sunday


Our week was not as calm as we wanted. Putih and Tanaka had a few short spats and bouts of growling at each other. I decided to allow Putih more time to mingle and she discovered that my bedroom was a good place to settle in the afternoons. She slept on the bed for the whole afternoon on Thursday and decided she liked it. Ever since then she had been trying to get on the bed again much to Tanaka's disgust. They had growled at each other several times but that was it. They both had several timeouts as well. Akira has yet to come out of her room in the afternoons. She told Fern that it was a 'safe' place. I am afraid that she is using it to hide from Putih as well eventhough Putih had not chased her again after the last time.  I do not wish to add any more stress on her as her over grooming had also resulted in bald hind paws.  Bujang has been the only calm and steady influence on the cats and I suspect on the human beans as well although I noticed that Putih had been growling at him more. Characteristically, Bujang was not much bothered eventhough she had growled at him when he was at the litter bin. He just looked at her and continued with his business until I told her to stop. She stopped immediately and ran off to sit on the washing machine which has become her new favourite place. 
I thought the most exciting thing to have happened in our quiet lives was that yesterday I decided on a whim, after Bujang's walk, to bring Tanaka downstairs. The last time he was downstairs was when he was 4 and he did not like it. Yesterday, he sat in the carrier for 10 minutes just looking at the outside and listening to the outside noises. Then he decided to step outside and did not look back. He walked about at the void deck, looking and enjoying the new space. The different textures of the floor surprised him, especially the metal grates on top of the drains. But at no point did he step out onto the grass. Nevertheless I thought he had a good time walking and we would be walking more downstairs as it would allow him much more freedom to explore new things. He had a 20-minute walk and then he decided to sit in the carrier. I decided that for the first time, 20 minutes was more than enough and brought him home. At home he spent some time grooming possibly to calm himself down as well. 


4 comments:

  1. Tanaka, you are getting adventures. Sometimes just going to the park and taking in the scenery from the safety of my carrier is fun for me. I like watching the children and dogs playing and knowing they can't bother me. Form Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you enjoyed your outing, Tanaka-Chan!

    We continue to cross our paws that you will all eventually settle down with one another. It is our dearest wish.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growling is a step up from swatting...even my crew has spells of hissing and spitting at each other. I think Tanaka going out and exploring will be great for him and all his energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that Tanaka got to explore a little more! We think hissing and growling is better than fighting. Purrs!

    ReplyDelete