Sunday, May 25, 2008

Adoption News

Tanaka on his blanket now...

Tanaka on his second day with us in Nov 2007...

When I brought the 2 tabby kittens home, Cousin R said they were rather small at 2 months. Tanaka was much bigger when he was 2 months or so it seemed :) Tanaka has grown up quite a lot and at 8 months, he is much bigger than Megat who is 12 years old! I think he is as big as Ms Akira although he is still in fear of her.

Some weeks ago I had an email from someone wh0o wanted to adopt Tanaka. I was quite surprised as I had informed the site that he alreday adopted by the amigos but I had thought that maybe it would be better if he lived somewhere where he did not have to share living space with 4 other cats! I figured no multi-cat person would ask to adopt another cat! Cat_aunty gave me some good advice about thinking what would be the best for Rocket Tanaka. I think I am terribly selfish but I think Tanaka would be better off with me and the amigos because we love him :)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it is selfish if you have the means and ways to let the Amigos live happily and healthily in a stable home enviroment.

    Happy for Tanaka!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:01 PM

    You can never tell if Tanaka would fit into the new family. In your house, Tanaka is already "home".

    Why not ask around for another ginger cat for the potential adopter? There are so many ginger cats that need a home.

    BTW, i always go to your blog to see what your cats are doing on Sunday - it is like visiting friends ; ) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanaka is having so much fun at your home...no need to go anywhere else already. :)

    ReplyDelete