Saturday, August 11, 2007

San's helpers

Toro wondering if he had to wipe the dust off too..

Bujang putting things in order...

Huh? What did you say? We have to move what?!


Oh! That's ok then. I don't mind standing guard...




I decided that I had to get rid of the furniture in my house. No I did not get any new furniture. Its just that my house has too much stuff that I had accumulated since I moved to PR. I realised this and grandma realised this too and so I decided that I should give away my good furniture- I chest of drawers, I wooden CD rack, I bookcase and I chest to my sister. I am also giving away two standing lamps and 1 bedside lamp. So many things that I did not need anymore. I also threw out my old dining table and moved grandma's mahjong table to the kitchen.
Now my house looks bare like Old Mother Hubbard except of course my larders are not empty :) I also threw out so many other things that could only be termed as junk and so now I have alot of space and can help grandma to store some of the linen. Grandma and I also changed the curtains :)
The boys had also been busy helping me especially Bujang who is not afraid of house activity noises. Toro came and went sporadically like the health inspector and moreoever Toro doesn't like noise. Bujang on the other hand is just as interested in drilling as vacuuming and shelving books. He inspected all the cupboards and sat near me for moral support. My cousin also came to help and at one point, my cousin told me that Bujang looked very confused. I told Bujang that he was not to be afraid as I was not leaving for anywhere. I think he has noticed that whenever I pack and umpack things, it usually means I am travelling some where.
I finished cleaning up the house very early in the morning and I could hear Bujang in the bedroom yelling and making a ruckus. He only calmed down when I went to bed and he was sure that I was not going to go away anywhere. This morning he was very calm and invited me to play hide and seek :)

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we think that happiness is acquiring things..lots and lots. A friend of mine cluttered his 5-room HDB flat with so much "antique" that there is very little space for human to move and he is antique himself, worrying constantly about what to do with his acquisitions should he exit!
    One of the sufferings of a dying person is his or her attachment to worldly things. The rich man finds it so hard to leave behind all the results of his "hard work" and often wallow in anger and depression.

    ReplyDelete