Sunday, February 12, 2006

Yes I am obsessive about his toilette


Uhuh, just like this mythical figure who plays his pipes , I am saying to Toro - do you feel like going to the loo? How about peeing? A little poo? And Toro and I will make our way to the toilet to do his toilette. I put him where the drainage hole is gingerly as I am afraid he'll take a plunge (to escape from me) and wait. He sometimes just sniffs at it and sniffs more at me. He would rather lay on his side and make me tickle him, which I will. Then if he feels the need, he does it and more often than not, he just chirp softly and claws at the door. Sigh.....and we make our way out. I am not used to having a long-haired cat and I fear he may smell of pee. So after every trip to the loo, he gets a close wipe with Kitty wipes and smells of baby powder instead.

The thing is, he gives no sign of having to go- no scratching on the floor, no desperate pawing (like so many other cats). He disdains the litter. Indeed he doesn't like the way it feels on his paws. :) I have yet to see the signs ...any sign that he needs to go to the loo.

But on a good note, he can now walk about the house by himself more confidently. He has learnt to avoid Akira-The-Hun. He goes to the kitchen but I notice he does not make a trip to the loo. (I have fears that I may have turned him off independent toilette practises :))). He has grown quietly confident of himself as he and Bujang had made a kind of truce last night over Da Bird. Now Bujang hisses less at him and sometimes ignores him. Akira has slapped him twice and made her disapproval quite clear. I have a suspicion that it is because he is not neutered as yet. 11 months and still a macho male with a very obvious manliness. :) I plan to neuter him this saturday and maybe things will be better. I don't really know.

I have to get a new vet as the ARC in pet safari is no longer allowed to operate as they are upgrading. Balestier is too far away from me and I don't want Toro to be stressed out in the long journey. The ARC people have recommended The Changi Animal Clinic at Bedok. Maybe I will go and see it first before making an appt.

Does anyone have tips on toilet training for Toro or the name of a good vet?

2 comments:

  1. Dr Kasey at Mount Pleasant Springside ( Sembawang Road ) is the one I rely on for the last 6 years. But maybe a bit far for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dru hsu at animal clinic (telok kurau) is attentive and patient.

    but seriously, a male castration is a relatively small op that most if not all vets are able to do.

    the female spaying is more tricky..

    ReplyDelete