Sunday, February 05, 2006

My favourite Cat Books

I thought I should just make a list of my favourite cat books. I think many cat owners would have a list. I do not know if anyone reads this blog :)) but if anyone should be reading this entry, maybe you can add on to the list. It would be good to know what other stuff there is about . I have got much joy and help from reading these books.

1. Cats into Everything by Bob Walker. WOW! have you seen his house and cat walks? If I was a cat, THIS is where I want to live.
2. The Feline Mystique by Clea Simon - on the mysterious connection between women and their cats. It's funny as well as illuminating on our relationships with our cats. It's also sad when she talks about her cats who were sick.
3.Dancing With Cats by Burton Silver & Heather Busch - Its fascinating to see all these people actually dancing and leaping and twirling with their cats - adults and children both. Some cats even had costumes. :)
4.Is Your Cat Crazy by John C. Wright - Solutions from the Casebook of a Cat Therapist. Yup. That says it all.
5.Cats are Purrfect by Bob Walker and Francis Mooney.All the lovely pictures of their 12 cats.
6.think like a cat by Pam Johnson-Bennett- How to raise a Well-Adjusted Cat NOT a Sour Puss.
7.cat vs cat by Pam Johnson-Bennett
8. Cats in the Sun by Hans Silvester. Gorgeous pics of cats in the Med.

6 comments:

  1. Here are 2 of my faves:

    1) Cat Wings
    (by Ursula Le Guin)

    2) The Amazing Maurice And His Educated Rodents
    (by Terry Pratchett)

    ~5-Cat Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. To 5-Cat Style
    Ursula Le Guin - ahh. I must get that book.

    I forgot Lilian Jackson Braun> he writes The Cat Who stories - about the intrepid Siamese sleuths Koko and Yum Yum. :)

    Terry Pratchett - The Unadulterated Cat - Good fun and good reading too. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to get my hands on The Unadulterated Cat for the longest time. But no luck so far.

    Neil Gaiman's Coraline also features a very intelligent cat who helps the lead character out of many terrifying situations.

    ~5-Cat Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah 5-C style,
    I have The Unadulterated Cat :) It great. You can borrow it any time at all. A friend got it for me in one of her travels to USA. I think when you love cats, it's always wise to let most anyone know..just in case they have a yummy present for you. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thank you, San! That's awfully generous of you. :)

    Maybe you could bring it along with you to Sunday's gathering... are you coming?

    I've posted all the details up on my blog. I hope you'll be there! :)

    ~5-Cat Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Thanks for the invite 5-Cat Style. But I can't make it this Sunday :( Gotta get some pre-childbirth stuff for my niece. the whole family is going shopping like some kind of entourage :)) But rest assured, the book is still with me and any and all cat women can borrow it. :)

    ReplyDelete