Sunday, February 05, 2006

Shiny coats for all

One of the most helpful things that I had read in the oh-so-many-cat help books was how to get my cats' coats healthy and beautiful and soft to the touch. For a supplement get:

1 cup of nuitritional brewers yeast (amino acids + vit B);
1 cup oat/wheat bran (fibre gets rid of hairballs) ; 2 cups of lecithin granules (emulsify fatty wastes and produces a stunning coat. It also eliminates dandruff). Then mix all together and store in the fridge. Add 1/2 to 1 teasponn to each moist meal (depends on the cat's size).

Of course many of my friends think I am nuts. "What do you mean it's for your cats? Don't cats take care of themselves? Why spend all that money? and etc etc etc". I had stopped to think why (but only briefly when I could not get my hands on brewers yeast) and I have since given the 2 rascals this supplement and indeed their coats are shiny and beautiful to touch. Its like caressing silk, only better. They have not yet eliminated any hairballs.

(I have since put this hairball issue to rest by giving them wheatgrass, which they voraciously eat. I have resorted to wheatgrass as only Bujang goes to the park. Akira is much too frightened of the outside even now. I have tried growing grass but they have all grown rather thin.)

I was thinking of eating this stuff myself as they're all perfectly ok for human consumption as well. After all my own hair needs rescuing as my hairdresser continues to say everytime I see her.

Btw have you all seen Pam Johnson-Bennett's cats? That says it all :))




2 comments:

  1. wheat grass is sold in ntuc fairprice. only $2.50 per pack. organic some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to eat one blade of grass when I Bujang and Akira were eating their share. It was fibrous and sharp to the taste. I felt like a cow!Maybe its better if I just drink the stuff. I have seen them selling it at the Chinese Medicine Hall and they even have it with a little lemon. no more grass for me - thats all I can say for this experience. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete