Wednesday, January 01, 2014

On the first day of 2014

This morning san got furry busy with the clicky box. She said since its the first day of 2014, we should have new pictures although the things we do might be the same. So I put my best face on and showed san my marvellous whiskers. San told me to look at the clicky box and I was furry brave and did it.
                         
We were quite surprised that it was very quiet outside but we love the quiet since our house is a quiet one. But we all love visitors as long as the visitors don't chase us or hold us prisoner. Last night we heard the words HAPPY NEW YEAR from our windows and people were shouting at midnight. My buffer Bujang meowed loudly. I fink he was wishing them back. Then he moved about but san sang him his songs and he calmed down somewhat and we all had a good rest. 
                   
I went for my morning walk and I saw many boxes. I fink people are cleaning up their houses for the new year. This was a box for a big stove. I wonder what good fings the neighbour will be cooking tonight. 
                        
My bruffer Bujang also went for a walk upstairs and downstairs. It was quiet all over and he was able to walk confidently in front of all the neighbors' houses. He sniffed at shoes and plants and welcome mats but san said she didn't take any pictures of all those things as clutter is not good for the soul. I don't know she means as all those things are good to sniff at!
                          
But Bujang is a good gardener and san said he stayed the longest where there were plants. But I fink its because he thinks there would be bugs ( but I didn't say so to san as she doesn't like them and hardly ever allows us to play with any)
                               
BUT my buffer Bujang found some courage (yes he is showing off early as san had wanted him to have courage to try new fings in her resolution list for him) and sat here. The bottom stool was originally for him to sleep on in grandma's room but he did not try it at all. The whole of last year he ignored it but when he came home from his walk this morning, he saw it and immediately jumped up. I fink its because he thought he was only sitting inside the pink tent and he didn't realize the sofa was under it! He is furry funny that way. 
                              
I told him he was furry brave to do as he did. We had a little chat and he sat in here for 10 minutes napping. I fink Bujang is trying his best. Maybe I should as well. We'll see. 
                                
Bujang: It was okay. I don't know if I will do it again though.  But I thought it looked quite safe and it was. 
  
I didn't walk this morning. I just asked san to let me out early so I can enjoy the day. I think good things will happen for us and I hope it will happen with Tanaka and myself soon.

I wish for every one in the world joy and peace for 2014. 

3 comments:

  1. All of us at Poupounette Central would like to send you our warmest wishes for a healthy, happy and brave New Year!

    We loved all the photos. Such a good idea of San's to take many for the first day of the year. We confess, though, that the first portrait of Tanaka-Chan is our favourite!

    Purrs, Woofs, Neighs and Hugs,
    Us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year dear friend. Mom and I love all of the wonderful portraits of each of you. What a beautiful fur family you are. xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think these are wonderful first-day pictures of you kitties! We hope your 2014 is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete