Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ms Akira and the vet visit

after the vet...




I brought Ms Akira to the vet to ask about him over -grooming again. Dr T said it was overgrooming and the pattern of the baldness does not indicate that she has any hormonal deficiency. The Depredil that D H gave her before is an anti-inflammatory and an extended use could give her diabetes and so would Overid (a steroid for hormones). So Dr T said I should try to persuade her to eat the clomacalm- an anti-depressent to make her calmer and less stressed. The side effects of clomacalm is not as serious as the rest of the alternatives it seems.




So he advised me to make the pill into a powder and mix it with some butter or honey as she is not easy to pill. I will try it tomorrow as Dr T had given her the clomacalm this morning. We shall see how this goes.

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering if you had tried something like Rescue Remedy (Bach Flowers)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use clomicalm for Maui and Sweet Pea's aggression. Evidently it tastes TERRIBLE because if I don't get it down on the first go they foam like mad. You may have to resort to pilling...but it's worth it. Both my cats are much happier with the medication, and it took about a week to really notice a difference.

    ReplyDelete