Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday with Ms Akira

Ms Akira taking time off this Sunday...
Ms Akira overgrooming.
She has barely any fur on her limbs, no to mention her tummy.


Close-up...

Ms Akira has been overgrooming for a few years. It began when she decided to sequester herself in the computer room, away from Megat and Toro and of course Tanaka. She spends most of her time there and she gets out for a few hours at night, usually after the boys are resting. But she is used to her routine of sleeping at 10 and so would scold me endlessly if I so much as extend her time outside.
I tried Omega 3 - saLmon oil and also flax but she is a very difficult cat to give anything to. She would get more stressed up with this tha anything else. She would scratch and yell and generally kick up a fuss. I think she was scared more than anything else. So I give her either Bach Flowers and now Pet Calm.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    My cat has the same bald spots on her legs like Ms Akira. Later we realised she has arthritis (vet flexed her limbs and they creaked) & licking may be her way of soothing the aches. Ms Akira may have other reasons to do such a thorough licking.

    ReplyDelete