Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Miss, did you lose your cat?

Putih eating tuna and chicken


I was doing house chores (as I am on a break) and the phone rang. "Err..did you lose your cat?" A siren screamed in my head. "My cat? Did Tanaka slip out when I was outside watering the plants?" He had walked out once and thought he could go for a walk by himself but I had got him inside quickly. Then I had the presence of mind to ask "Where are you miss?" She told me where she was and I asked if the kitty was white. Indeed it was Putih. I told her that she was a community cat and she lives in the block. I felt that I had to explain the number on the collar. I then thanked her for being very kind.

It is quite interesting that the ones who called about the cats have been young. It is good to think that some young people have a sense of what is the right thing to do.

On the other hand, FatBoy has lost his 1001 collar yet again. The aunty said that she suspected someone might have stolen his collar (again) as he is a very friendly cat and would sit with almost any stranger who gives him scritches!! he is a little older than Bujang, maybe 6 or 7 years old as when Bujang was 6 months, FAtBoy was already an adult and he used to come at us screaming. Maybe I should get him a collar that does not snap off - maybe one of those cat collars that are elastic with a buckle.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:27 PM

    Put elastic thru fabric tubing (2x elastic length to give gathered effect) loosely. Phone number can be marked with marker pen on attached small bow. With nice fabric, slip-on collars can be attractive. I can make a few for your outside cats & post to you if i have neck measuremt. They are meant to break if there is tension (for safety) so losing them is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very nice of you to offer us these marvellous collars. FatBoy has a 10-11 cm neck. The girls are only 8 cm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:10 PM

    Waa...they all allow you to take their neck measurements? Imagine what a cute sight it must be. Ahaha!

    Must post photo of the collars when they're made, ok?

    ReplyDelete