Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Eh Minah! What are you doing outside my door?


This morning at about 6.05, I heard Toro snarling at something. He hardly ever snarls at anyone although he would growl in his most fearsome way at shadows on the walls. I then heard the door being shut and grandma hurrying in telling me,"Eh Minah ada kat luar." (Eh Minah is outside) HUH!!!
What I saw outside my house was unbelieveable! There Minah was, sitting quietly outside my door, looking up at me. I watched her from my window just to be sure and I saw her green eyes looking at me calmly. She was unperturbed. I was horrified! Grandma hurridly told me that she heard Toro growling and snarling at something and then she saw Minah outside.
We debated what to do. I told grandma I couldn't possibly feed her outside as this would encourage her to come back again. (I had not read dawn's previous blog for nothing!) Grandma speculated that someone might have brought her up to th floor. I told grandma that that would not be possible at all. It could just be that Minah was taking a walk up all the 12 floors of the block and just stumbled on our door because our door was open and she heard and smelled the amigos! I think the last explanation would be the most plausible one although it did not comfort me at all.
I dressed quickly and got a tin of tuna and chicken as this was her favourite and thought about having to entice her to come with me. How to do it? How to do it? Aiyoh! How to do it? I peeked out the window again and there she was- large as life. Aieee! How to do it? I put on my shoes and just as silently, Minah was not there anymore. I walked the length of my corridor and she had disappeared. I quickly took the lift downstairs and could not find her. I guess she must be making her way silently through all the levels of the block!
Then I remembered one of my neighbours telling me that once she saw a calico cat sitting outside my door in the morning. I did not believe her then but now there is nothing else for it. Minah is patrolling our corridors :) I hope she made it safely downstairs.
During all the commotion, each and every amigo actually crowded around the doorway (even Ms Akira) waiting with bated breath for the end of the saga. Toro was upset that the front door was closed to him but the rest were just puzzled. It was quite a morning!

4 comments:

  1. I think Minah knows that's your home, and wanted to visit, if not for the amigos. Calicos are smart. :)

    It happens to my MIL too (that's how the cats, including a calico became PR), but MIL doesn't live as high up as you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She knows where you lives, San!
    lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh cats are smart.....they know where we live!! Mera went up to the 9th floor several times, to look for MiaoMiao. Of couse he knows his own place is on the 5th floor.

    I wonder how long did Minah walk with her little paws before she found your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are not as dumb as most think they are. I tell you, they TAKE THE LIFT. Really.

    Patches, my block's resident cat (though has disappeared for more than 2 years already), will appear at my door, sometimes 2 nights a week. She will sit there and wait to be served. Either that, she will watch the kxbc gang play. My KK hates her I tell you. She deems Patches enroaching on her territory.

    You know how I know she takes the lift? I taught her. Haha... If she sees me at the void deck collecting mail, she will sometimes go to the lift and wait for me to press the lift for her. I suspect she takes the lift up with my neighbours too. I live on the 10th floor so it's not easy for her to climb so many flights of stairs though she has all the time in the world to do it.

    I miss my Patches.

    ReplyDelete