Friday, February 08, 2008

Morning after CNY

ASAP grass under the bougainvillea...

I planted the ASAP grass yesterday as I thought it was an auspicious day and it would ensure that my cat grass would grow well and strong. I have not had much luck with planting cat grass. Usually they grow tall and spindly, not fat and juicy. I saw that the grass seeds were just sprinkled on the soil in the picture and so that is how I had them. Aunty-p told me I should not put them under the blazing sun but some sun is good and that is why they are under grandma's bougainvilleas. I hope we have some cat grass soon for lawnmover Bujang and his sidekick Akira.


Rocket Tanaka taking abreak after breakfast...

I removed the mesh last evening as Tanaka is now much bigger and would not be able to squeeze through the grills. He tried that yesterday to no success. Actually he tried several times :) Now that there is no mesh, we got a better breeze and I'm sure Toro would enjoy that.



Toro and Tanaka - the T & T of PR hanging out together...


Toro enjoying the breeze like before...




Toro is the one cat who takes his morning and evening and sometimes afternoon sittings here seriously. He enjoys looking outside as sometimes we get small birds and butterflies among the plants. He would also get the nice breeze that now sweeps gently through the house. Grandma says that he would always ask her to open the door at 6 am so that he could sit near the grills. "Who is going to do that? It's dangerous," grandma tells everyone.

6 comments:

  1. I think it must be Toro's fur which makes him warm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. San there is a bird on the flower branch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bird is bluff lah. I bought it from Exim Arts. I thought it might entertain the amigos and maybe attract real birds. I think better to put bird seeds though but grandma does not welcome bird s_ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what I did was to cover the grass seeds in a thin layer of the soil (with some of them peeping out). What you did should work too, but if not, you can always cover them with the soil later & spray with mist.

    Well, some Chinese believe that if sunbirds come to build a nest near your house plants, it symbolises good luck. Maybe grandma does not like bird poo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I see aunty_p. The soil is rather hard but I will try to do that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, must soak the dried soil in water till damp and soft before use.

    Tanaka must be wondering how come now he can't go through the grilles...haha!

    ReplyDelete