Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Marauding Cat




The Great Marauder aka The Screamer :(
A very scared Minah who refused to eat because she was anxious...


Cal who has disappeared for 2 days...


Friendly FatBoy who tried to stand his ground, much to my anxiety...

Tonight was one of the most horrible nights I have ever had in my journey of feeding the wildbunch. When I went to the void deck, I saw Minah but she refused to eat. So I thought I would feed FatBoy first cos he was always hungry. To my horror, as I was nearing his block, I saw him running under a big truck with a strange white male cat screaming at him. The Marauding Cat had a green collar with a bell. When I came nearer, the Marauding Cat screamed at me. I told him loudly to leave FatBoy alone but he didn't care. He continued to scream at both me and Fatboy. I tried to shoo him away but he stood his ground.
Then I heard some people shouting from one of the flats. They were an elderly couple and they signalled that I should leave the cats alone. That made a lot of sense as I could get seriously hurt if I came between 2 fighting cats. Of course I could not leave FatBoy who was trying to hide under the engine of the truck! I yelled at FatBoy to follow me and to my surprise he did. I think it was because he was hungry and I represented food to him. He followed me to the other block as I wanted to get away from the screaming and now very upset white cat.
It was getting worse and worse as the white cat followed us, screaming and growling his way. FatBoy and I rested at the spot where we always waited for Cal and I tried to ignore The Screamer. FatBoy decided at THAT moment to sit flat on the ground close to my feet! Aiyah! I wanted him to sit on the stone table, away from the very scary Screamer.
After some time, The Screamer relaxed and walked over to a clump of leaves where he uncovered something (which I did not see) and started eating. FatBoy at this time got onto the stone table where I fed him his Snappy Tom. I was thinking about what to do and looked for some help. Then a man walked past and I asked him if he knew to whom The Screamer belonged as it had a collar. So obviously it was either a pet or under the care of a caregiver. But the man very sulkily told me he did not know and advised me to call someone to take The Screamer away. I told the man that that would mean The Screamer would be put to death. He said that then that would be good as the cats (he did not say which one nor did he know or care) peed and pooed the lift and void deck!! I wanted to tell him that FatBoy is not the culprit as he poos and pees on the grass but I knew it would not be of any use. So I told FatBoy loudly that he should behave himself better than some other cats or people for that matter.
I knew I should get some water to help me chase away The Screamer and to try and stop an impending fight. I told FatBoy he should follow me to feed Putih and so he would be away from The Screamer but FatBoy ignored my calls and whistles. So I had to leave him at the void deck to feed Putih.
Thank goodness Putih and Big Casanova were safe in another block altogther. Along the way I picked up (thank goodness) a empty water bottle that can squirt water. I went to the shop at the void deck and asked for some water. The man knows me and grandma so he puts some water in the bottle and I also picked up a bottle of coke that was still half full. I went back to the void deck where I had left FatBoy and to my relief he was safe and sound. As I came nearer I saw The Screamer trying to muscle his way and I went up to him and squirted the mixture of water and coke into his face and back and I continued to squirt him until he ran under some cars in the carpark.
FatBoy and I continued to sit at the stone tables waiting for Cal whom I know will not appear because of The Screamer. Then I saw The Screamer coming our way again. I told him loudly to go away and to go home and I squirted him with more water and coke. Finally I saw him walking away towards tha carpark. I brought FatBoy to his own void deck and left him there as he was more interested in looking at insects than anything else.
At no point did anyone who saw us tried to help us at all. They all walked by after staring curiously at us. The man whom I saw before, came towards the carpark with his wife and stared at me sulkily. I ignored him.
Then I went back to my block and saw Minah. However Minah was much too interested in looking behind her back. I think she was looking for The Screamer. She refused to eat anything I gave her and as I did not see The Screamer anywhere about at my block, I told Minah to hide and be smart about it. I think Minah would be safe. She is a smart kitty and knows the hiding places.
I am really afraid of The Screamer. He looks very strong and quite determined to fight for territory. The thing is THIS is the first time I had ever seen him. I hope if I see him again, he would not be so angry. Big Casanova used to have screaming matches with FatBoy but now they leave each other alone. Actually to tell the truth, The Screamer scares the WildBunch and me.
But just in case I would bring my trusty squirt bottle tomorrow with my cat food. :(

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your experience with the Screamer. He sounds like Kiki during his nutty phase.

    Just be careful he doesn't attack you!!! He cann't get at FatBoy et al and he may jump on you, as you are the closer target.

    I guess you should invest in a Supersoaker for the time being. My parents would suggest a rotan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found myself to be sweating whenever i tried to seperate two angry cats.

    So nowaday, i will try to avoid feeding the figher cat in the other side of the park.He is esp friece towards other cats that want food from me so i had no choice but to stop feeding him as i do not want the cats to scream in the middle of the night.

    For the rest of the cats, sister will need to entertain pipa (another big bully but at least he can keep still and not chase other cats) with a tree branch while i feed mimi and wangzai.

    ReplyDelete