Sunday, April 29, 2007

Little Calico aka Manja. OK- Minah is the name

Manja waiting bravely for the aunty...

Showing off...

Am I pretty...

I was an acrobat in my other life....

The aunty was lamenting the fact that Calico has no name that was easy to call. So I thought a good name for her is Manja as she is really a manja cat. She likes nothing better than rolling about, stretching and being scratched behind her ears and under her chin after dinner. I took these pictures on saturday night as she was waiting for the aunty to feed her. When she saw me, she came to say hello and to show off her pretty self in various poses. These pictures are rather blurry and do not do justice to her beauty really. She has healed very well and show no sign of her harrowing experience. But she no longer waits for me in the morning for breakfast. I guess she has learnt that not every human being is a friend :(
PS: I thought Minah would be a better name for Little Calico as Manja sounds so much like the 'pontianak' [malay vampires with wild hair and equally bad make-up] movies of my childhood.

2 comments:

  1. I hope she is ok...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manja is pretty and petite...although a bit chubby.

    ReplyDelete