Monday, June 03, 2013

Of grooming and coconut oil


 Can't I groom in peace? Its Monday morning and time to iron out the weekend wrinkles san...
 lick...lick...lick...lick...
The good thing is new fur is growing already. I am very pleased with this. Even though she gets out more often in the afternoons, she would groom as much as before although not as severely. Apart from the added attention and monthly Revolution, she also gets 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil every morning. I have to put it on her mouth and teeth. She licks it quite readily. Some sites recommend that I put it on her paws but I thought that is not a good thing when I am encouraging her to stop over grooming.
Tanaka also gets 1/2 a teaspoon every morning as he sheds quite a lot and he hates to be groomed. He of course also hates coconut oil. But I noticed that ever since I had given him the oil (about 3 weeks ago), he sheds a little less and the house noticed that his fur is darker as well. Before this I would have handfuls of hair flying when I so much as ruffle his fur but now, less is flying :)
Megat's fur is better as well for as he also takes the coconut oil. I am giving it for constipation. I thought if I gave him the lactulose, it would only be for constipation but coconut oil is also for fur and his overall digestion, which makes it a winner.


2 comments:

  1. The coconut oil does sound very intriguing. It's nice to see that fine down on you, Ms. Akira! As for you, Tanaka-Chan, we have always admired your beautiful fur colour and we think your pawpads are fabulous!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:43 PM

    I have good results with organic virgin coconut oil on dry skin of my dog. Now i am giving virgin coconut oil in capsules as well - both ordered online from *herbs. Thanks for info that it works on cats skin/fur too.

    ReplyDelete