I may be 17 years old but I show no fear of new things. san bought us a new water fountain as she knows I like drinking from it but out fountains were made from plastic. So she went to etsy and bought us 2 from a far-away place. She had to change the pump to suit us because of the voltage.
This is one of the two- its S. But san had since changed the bowl to something with a wider lip.
I took it in my stride and now drink from here as well as the one in the bedroom.
This is the one in the bedroom. Akira drinks from here every morning as well.
I must say she is very brave to do so unlike Bujang and even Tanaka.
PS. san says it is quite easy to make these fountains. We need:
1. two porcelain/glass receptacles of different sizes.
2. A working pump which she can get from shops that sell tropical fish.
3. A sponge filter for debris
4. Activated carbon to purify water which she can get from the same shops that sell tropical fish.
5. A drill that she could use to drill holes into the smaller bowls for the 'fountain' bit.
The only difficulty is that the inner bowl that houses the pump might be a little difficult to drill through to allow the tubing to go through for the fountain. She is presently asking workshop teachers to teach her to do this (just in case ours get broken in future)