Monday, July 30, 2012

Is it safe?

I am scared of the noises! I have sensitive ears and can hear many things. Is it safe?
(this is a very old photo of Totoro but it just fits him to a T)

This was one of the issues that I had asked Fern, our cat whisperer, when she came to our home.  I was concerned as he is the only cat who would run about at the slightest noise and he is afraid of shadows on the walls. Added to this, the vets told me that stress could lead to a worsening of his UTI. "Is it safe?" was the one thing he kept repeating to Fern.
"I do not like Megat. He scares me all the time."

Fern told us Toro showed her a glass wall that separated him from Megat. He did not show Fern this wall with any other cats. It seemed Megat was the only one that scared him as Megat would go out of his way to intimidate him and sometimes there would be a slapping match with Megat as victor. Toro does not mind all the other cats except Megat.


Megat: The cats just irritate me. I am irritated when I see them and so I hit them.
Megat is undergoing Reiki and hs behaviour has much imrpoved, almost immeiately.
Toro thinks Tanaka is a 'nuisance,' because he loves to have fun at the expense of others. He knows that Tanaka is not mean and he just wants to have fun.
We asked Toro whether he minded hanging out with Ms Akira a night. His first reaction was "But I don't know how to play." But as is his sweet nature, he promied he would try.
This was Toro's idea of playing! I had to call Fern and asked her to tell Toro that there is no need to chase Ms Akira. Toro told her he thought that playing means chasing, just like the amigos do when they play. So we told him to just sit and look at her or to blink his eyes and yawn, so Ms Akira would not be afraid. This was what he did yesterday. He just sat and peeked at her from behind the green tunnel :) But Ms Akira was still a little anxious, I had to put him in the room with Tanaka and Megat. If ever I doubted Fern, this would be the one thing that convinces me she could actually talk to the amigos as Toro did not chase Ms Akira at all.
This is actually his job. Every morning as I leave for work, I say goodbye to him and tell him that his job for the day is to look after his own couch (as no one else sits in it) and listen to the noises (he will do this anayway). He should then tell himself that he is safe at home and no one will hurt him. :)
Toro had also expressed a renewed interest in walking in his harness...as long as it was safe. So Fern had pictured him in his harness with me. He said he was interested to know what outside looks like :) So we will be doing that later as well :)

PS: This is the 4th post about our experience. Our last one would be about Megat :)
Just a note: Last Thursday 19/7, Fern, an animal communicator cam to my house to talk to my cats. I was concerned that Ms akira's over -grooming and Megat's aggression to the othe cats were making everyone a trifle stressed. It was an eye-opening experinece and now Ms akira and Megat are undergoing Reiki to balance their systems. We have been having some good results but those updates will be later, after I have posted the animal talk of all the 5 cats :)

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet Toro! We want you always to feel safe and to learn how to play so you and Ms. Akira can have good times together.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. These posts have been so interesting to read! What a neat thing to KNOW what the crew is thinking.

    ReplyDelete