Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Cat Just Wants to have FUN!

 Fun is my middle name. I just want to have FUN!FUN!FUN!
I chase the Akira and Megat because its FUN!
 I like all the cats in the house. They are FUN. I don't mind anyone. I also love food.
Fern told him that Ms Akira is the only female cat cat in the house and so he should not chase her.

Tanaka: I chase her because she is afraid of me. Anyway its FUN!
I chase Megat because I know he is the weakest one. It is fun to disturb him.

When Fern told him that Megat is not well and that he should not chase Ms Akira, he appeared to think about it. When she said he would be rewarded with food (since he loves to eat) he said... 
Its a deal! He would try to be nice if he ges food as a reward.

Fern said that Tanaka does not have  amean bone in his body. He just likes fun and alot of activity. So that night (Last tHursday when Fern came to speak with him) I told him that if he does as he promises I would reward him with food. As he is still thin, I think it is quite ok for now although later I hope for him to learn to be nicer to her.

The next morning, he actually ignored Ms Akira. He did not go near her cage, stare at her though the bars of the cage or put his paws through the cage. Instead he sat looking away from her. So he got a reward. Even THIS morning, he immediately went to the kitchen to wait for breakfast instead of going to her cage. I am so pleased with him and have been praising him for this thoughtfulness. Of course he still peers under her door but he has not gone to her cage to pester her at all for 4 days!

His resolve with Megat is not so good. He tried for the weekend but yesterday and this morning, he chased Megat as usual. We have a long way to go :) I told Tanaka that his job is to take care of Megat and not case him. I guess it doesn't work!

When Fern asked Totoro what he thought of Tanaka, he said " He is unbearable." :)) But Toro knows that Tanaka is not scary, unlike Megat.

2 comments:

  1. When we saw the title, we suspected this post would due about Tanaka-Chan! We really hope the treats deal works, even if only with Ms. Akira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures. Love the little bobtail. I like to call them "bunny butts". Simply gorgeous kitty.

    ReplyDelete