Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why is your cat so big?

Neighbour: Where you buy your cat? He very big..hahahaha (very loudly) Bujang: !!!!!
Neighbour: Very big, very big. (They stopped outside our house and talked about Bujang)
Bujang: !!!!! (and runs away to hide in the room, looking shocked and unsure about the sudden explosion of noise)

This is a frequent question I get, whether on our walks or at the vet :) Possibly Bujang is now such a big cat when compared to other local cats because I gave him quite a lot of vitamins and nuitrition when he was a few weeks old. Then I was too anxious and I gave him as much help as I could. None of my other cats are as big and muscular as Bujang.


I have no basis for comparison as I only see community cats, who are of course smaller due to poor diet and sporadic care, if any. But Dr K told me that Totoro is a 'big' cat, even with his fur all shorn. In term sof size however it would be Bujang (giant), Totoro in terms of girth but Tanaka if in term sof length :), then Ms Akira and of cos Megat :)

3 comments:

  1. Must be in the genes of tuxedo cats. Mine - Miki Mao - is the biggest of the four. He weighs 8kg and he's only 5 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hold him. Maybe soon I will have another fur baby to introduce.

    Mom Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. At our house, it is The Beebs who is the big boy. He is very slim but really long-legged!!!

    ReplyDelete