Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday- Business as usual

Oh no! I really hate this...
I noticed that Toro's head had the usual red flaky rough skin again (you can see it on the left side of his head). This meant that his ears are dirty and I would have to make sure he undergoes the cycle of ear-clenaing -for 5 days. He does not have ear mites (the groomer had told me the first time he had the flaky skin) as I had asked Dr S to look at his ears at his last exam. She had given me some Revolution and advised me to use it on him as a precaution. I had done so and so am sure that there would be no mites. I do not know from whom he would even get mites since none of the amigos go outdoors. I can only think of Bujang but Bujang does not have mites in his ears. Bujang's ears are very clean and so are the ears of every other amigo in the house.
However, this flaky skin is a recurring one and he would get it once in 2 or 3 months. So I have just decided to use EARRIFIC! and clean his one ear -only his left ear has this. So THAT is also a mystery to me. The vet had given me some cream to apply. It would usually just take 2 days for the skin to clear up. But he hates it and I am quite sorry when I have to clean his ears.

3 comments:

  1. Having ears cleaned is no fun for anyone. #1 has to do it for Tommy fairly regularly. We use a French product that sounds similar to Earrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Did Torro put back paw into ear to scratch and as a result got the area betw eye and ear red? I use Zymox ear cleanser for maintenance, ordered online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup. he does use his back paw quite alot. Maybe that is the reason. Zymox online? can you give me the url?

    ReplyDelete