Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Appointment at the vet


Megat's review will be this Saturday 23 May at 0930 hours. Our vet has moved from EP to Tampines and I have to find the site this Saturday. It seemed that amigos vet Dr SLM had also moved...to Australia. Oh dear...
I asked the manager (I assumed it was the manager) who the attending vet would be. He said MP and when I asked him if she was new, he very curtly said 'NO." More oh dears... I wonder why he was so grumpy about it as I told him I had never heard of this vet before. So I had to fill him in on Megat and why he would be at the clinic. He took down notes (I assumed) and then asked me curtly when I would like the appointment. I wonder if he even likes animals to be so grimpy at the vets.



It is not that I am picky but I would really like Megat to have just one physician. He has had several beginning with Dr Su, Dr L, Dr K, Dr I-am-afraid -of your-cat Bujang and Dr SLM(the one who can clip Bujang's nails with great courage). When Dr Su had to go to Australia, she had informed me and had introduced me to the new vet Dr L. She had also briefed Dr L on Megat's condition and what she had done with him. I thought this was the way to tell pet owners that their pets would be taken care of. Dr SLM has been seeing him more frequently these days. He has had 3 years with this practice and they have been nice to him. He is the only one of my cats that has to go for frequent reviews while the rest go for annual checkups only.
I don't think I should go to another practice just because the office manager sounded grumpy as he may have had a bad day, like everyone else. However I should think that the practice should inform the clients if the vet who has been taking care of their pets should be MIA or that the whole practice would be moving to another premise. Then the pet owners would be able to make an informed decision as to what to do best.
The old premise at EP would be taken over by another vet practice, or so I was told by the PL people. We will just have to see what happens this Saturday with Megat and Dr MP. I am sure it would be alright. A grumpy office manager and bad surprises should not be the determining factors when choosing a good vet. We just have to meet the vet herself...but still...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:16 PM

    If you mean pretty Dr MP, I like her as she is precise & thorough. At beginning i found her too "clinical". After a few visits and a few difference of opinions, we got along surprisingly well as she was co-treating my cancer dog with chemo therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know if she is the "pretty Dr MP" having never met her. But I asked my cousin who had adopted 2 cats from M and he said she was nice. So it should be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for Megat on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete