Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tuesday fears...

Oh dear...I fank my furry lucky stars I live wif the amigos...oh dear...
Cat 1
Cat 2
Cat 3
This evening when I was taking Bujang for his walk, I met someone I knew from work. It happened that this girl actually lives with these 3 cats and her family actually has 8 cats in the flat. I met her mother who said that her husband wanted to put the adult cats near the market!!! I had tried to talk the lady out of it and since my Mother Tongue is not what it should be, I was very glad to meet the daughter.
I told the daughter that I may be bale to help with getting the cats sterilised but she has to tell her father that abandoning cats anywhere is a very bad idea. He will be fined $10 000 and get 12 months jail. She was very shocked to hear this. I also said that her family should not release their cats in the wildbunch area as I do not want them to be endangered by such a thoughtless action.
I told her to advise her family to keep their cats or get the young kittens adopted. She realised that people like kittens more than adult cats. She told me her male cats are noisy at mating time! Aiyoh!! I told her that once her cats are sterilised, no one will be noisy and they would live rather peacefully. Anyway I said she should talk to me as soon as she has made some decisions about sterilisation. I further reminded that if her father did abandon the cats, her cats may get killed by abusers or maimed or cut up or just killed by vehicles.
I know this may seem very cruel to say to a teenager but it is best that she knows the truth of the matter. I hope the family makes the right decision. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. We completely agree with you, San! It's amazing how ignorant and thoughtless people can be. We hope the kitties are OK.

    Thanks for voting for Sen-Chan!

    Your Pals,
    Tom and Tama-Chan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:47 PM

    Tsk..tsk...

    Hope they'll listen and act on your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, we hope they do not abandon the cats. That is good advice you gave them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you spoke in the best interests of the cats! Although it seems harsh, it's very important for people to realize the dangers that stray and abandoned cats face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:20 AM

    How nice of you San to offer to help with sterilisation. If this continues, the family will have more cats than they can manage and inevitably, some or all cats will be dumped - poor cats.

    ReplyDelete