Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Singapore Sale

This evening I went to the pet store to buy cat food as usual. My cats now eat Tika. I try to buy sardines instead of tuna. Its from Thailand and I hope it's good for them. The terrible two refuse to eat anything else. But at least they are still eating dry Nutro Complete Care so it's quite a balanced diet. As balanced as I can make it that is. Ahh what I wanted to say is that I saw the adjoining store selling a really beautiful silver British shorthaired cat. It was sitting all alone in that big glass cage watched by a very enthusiastic family who was eager to buy it. The card on the cage said - SALE - $980.00. I do not know what surprised me most - that the little cat should cost so much or that you can buy animals on sale. The family already had a very beautiful persian cat and they wanted to get a companion for it. When I left the store, the family was still bargaining for a more appropriate price. I know the shorthair would have a lovely home though.

One of the assistants at the store asked me if I wanted another cat. I said if I wanted one, it would be a good-looking siamese cat with well-defined points. She said she could get one for me as there were many strays around her friend's flat . I wonder if 3 cats in a flat would be too many. I'm sure Bujang and Akira-the-Hun would have something to say about that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment