Thursday, October 04, 2012

Just Because

This is one of the last pictures I took of Toro (1st Sept 2012)  before he went for his ultra sound and then of course his operation. I thought it would be a good reminder of what he looked like before all those hospital photos.

Here, he was minding his own business, away from the fray. He was a cat that "didn't know how to play with others." (his own words to fern). I just thought that with the hospital pictures and his old pictures that I had put up, I should also put up the last pic I had of him when he looked very well before his operation.

I would like to make a note here about my conversations with Fern, the animal communicator regarding Toro. I read that animals know when their time comes, especially when it is from a long illness. Although he was not "ill" as such, Toro told Fern on the 15th that he wanted to say goodbye to me. We were both with him at hospital then. I did tell him when he was with me at home on the 14th, that if he was tired and didn't feel that he could make it, as he was breathing very hard, he could go and he didn't have to think about us.

We are still a quiet house. However the amigos behave normally much sooner than the humans. Tanaka is up to his old tricks and has taken over Toro's couch. When he was trying to not harass Akira, he had decided to make friends with Toro and had sat with him and beside him just like in the picture:).

Bujang walks into empty rooms much less. He is also much calmer although he does spend a lot of time looking out of the corridor as though waiting for Toro to appear.

I say good morning and hello to Toro every time I pass the jasmine pot which comforts me enormously :) The linked-in app also reminds me too much of Toro in happier times and I had thought of disabling it but decided against such a thing :)

I trust that Toro's spirit is in a healthier place and I can see him just lazing about enjoying the breeze where he is.

2 comments:

  1. Toro-Chan was so very handsome and sweet, and we too miss him a lot. It's good that you had Fern with you, and that he was able to say goodbye properly. The last time I took Yuu-Chan to Dr. C, I also told him how much I loved him and that it was OK for him to go. I miss him still, so much, two years later. Our little friends have souls that are so full of love...

    And it's good that you have your little clown Tanaka-Chan who is always ready to bring a smile to your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very beautiful photo andmust give you comfort to look at. I am glad that you were able to say it as ok to go and that you loved him.. he would have known that and gone with your love surounding him.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete