Sunday, February 20, 2011

petsalive for the amigos

The bottles comes bubble wrapped quite tightly but I have to open each one to see what was in it.
UTI for Totoro and PetCalm for Akira.

I put the granules for UTI in Toro's food morning and evening. He eats his food quite willingly even when the granules are quite obvious. I think they are tasteless and odourless. Or maybe his food just smells too strong for the meds. I put the PetCalm in Akira's water bowl and food.
These two bottles are for Totoro and Megat. I decided to give one each to the both of them. I am not giving Megat the Milk Thistle liquid extract as he HATES it and would spit it out every day. He takes the capsules better. I tasted the Kidney Support first as I have to give him 2-3 drops with some water. It doesn't taste bad and I give Toro some papaya or pumpkin immediately after so he does not revolt on me.
This is supposed to be for Akira but I have yet to give her these capsules. I may not be to give them to her at all as she hates eating pills and it would stress her out even more. So I am giving it instead to Megat as his fur is getting thinner and am thinking of giving Toro one too. I would give it to Bujang if I dare but of course I am such a coward when it comes to pilling him :)

I must say that after I gave Toro the Kidney formula I had noticed some change in him. I read from the site that the people who gave their cats the Kidney support were all pleased as their cats had better appetites and appear more lively. This has happened to Toro also. he now eats quite alot of canned food and have been spending the days sprawled across the living room floor. Yesterday I saw him standing his ground when Megat wanted to scare him. Before he would flinch and move away and seeing that Megat would fly at him almost immediately. After he stared calmly at Megat, Megat decided to abandon the idea. So maybe there is some good in these remedies. It is too soon to make a judgement though. I have given him the remedies for about one week only.

As the vets said there was nothing they could do for his oxalate crystals I decided that I should do something about them myself. If I can't help him get rid of it, I can at least make his system much stronger so when he has to fight for his life, he would be able to do so. At least THAT is my hope for the both of them.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:43 PM

    My petalive order has been delayed probably due to bad weather in US. I ordered RuniPoo Relief. Before it's here, my pet's IBS problem is solved by Nutri-RX Allergy HS diet. I hope to try out Furball Dr. Laxatone works but does not eradicate the problem. There are so many petalive products that look good! Have you check out PetWellbeing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just wondering if papaya/pumpkin on a long term basis will be good for them given its high sugar content. Sugar, in any form (one form is simple carbo), disrupts their normal digestive system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vet actually rec that I give him his meds with some honey but I figured out pumpkin is a much better alternative as it would encourage him to poo also.The papaya of cos has a lot of sugar. But he gets just under 1 ml now. I have not been able to find any other alternative that would make Megat eat his sang hwang liquid at all but mashed papaya though. It seems alot of pets just hate the sang hwang and many would eat it only with great difficulty, even with honey water or tuna water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I checked out PetWellbeing some time ago when I was researching natural remedies for megat. I wanted to get ESClear and they do not ship to Singapore and had emailed them about shippimg to Singapore. But I had no reply. Then I had given Megat the snag hwang from a*** and things are better with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We look forward to hearing how everyone does on their various meds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we first adopted our BB, she kept farting every day. And those farts are the super smelly ones. Ewww! Then we checked with her ex owner and realised that BB was given pastries and even mooncakes.

    But after a week or so with us with nothing but just cat kbbles, her smelly fart vanished completely. We guessed it was the sugar disrupting her digestive tract.

    If the papaya is only 1ml (how do you even extract 1ml is a mystery to me :) ), I guess it will not disrupt his digestion much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:28 AM

    My MCat has been on papaya/pumpkin daily for 2.5yrs, he is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:29 PM

    I pay PetWellBeing with US credit card and goods are shipped to Borderlinx US address b4 being forwarded to SG. PWB does not ship to SG directly. I think scared lah though they blamed courier for not providing the service. I pay all charges on same card-no fuss.

    ReplyDelete