Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thursday for Popps

      Our healing affirmation for Popps 
We say this for Popps everyday and we tell her to say it as well. A healing affirmation will go a long way into healing her spirit as well as her body. We need to thank cat_aunty for sharing this with us. 
I brought Popps to the  vet again last Monday. The vet diagnosed fever and gave her injections for that as well as an anti-vomitting one. They did a blood test once again just to see if her kidneys were acting up. Her values for her kidneys on 27 Dec was 2.6, which was not good good, even after acupuncture. However, it quite shocked me that her second blood test showed that she was well within the range for kidneys! I asked the vet if there was something amiss about the 2 tests as it surprised me that the results can be so different! But the vet said that there was no mistake. She was also given 250 ml SubQ fluids. That night she showed some interest in her kibble and ate a few so we were all very encouraged. 

However, the next day her fever had not abated and she refused all food and drink and so I took her to her acupuncturist who confirmed that it was fever and that was the reason for her not wanting to eat. He was not surprised at her new readings and told me that sometimes in cats, particularly, the readings could be quite extreme. Of course she had done almost 6 months of acupuncture and TCM as well and these 2 could have improved her kidneys. But at the back of my mind, I wonder about the readings for the rest of the amigos as both Bujang and Tanaka showed increased values over 2.4.

This was Popps this morning. She has much improved and is no longer just lying on her side but is no walking about as usual. Last night she walked to the study with her tail up and this morning, she fought me when I tried to assist her in taking her morning feed. She has yet to want to eat and drink on her own though. I had also given her 500ml of SubQ fluids on Tuesday when she came home from acupuncture as the vet had advised us to do s if she still refuses to eat and drink on her own to minimise dehydration.

4 comments:

  1. Come, Little Popps, it is important for you to eat and drink so you can be 100% healthy again! It is also not good to worry San!

    Healing Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 ml's is quite a lot of fluid. I've never heard of giving over 250 ml SQ. I hope all is heading in the direction of recovery as we continue to pray for Popps. She looks very bright eyed in her photo. We know she is receiving the best care so the prayer is very
    important. We will repeat the affirmation for Popps too. It is a very good one.
    The results of the cats last lab tests would make our Mum question them too in light of Popps new results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popps, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please eat and drink and we are sure with time and love you will be well again. You do quite alert and happy in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pops, please eat and get better and I hope your Mom's new Chinese recipe helps. Please let us know if it does. We will take its down and use it.

    ReplyDelete